True Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where friends can chat about anything.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» When she’d done,
new books to read Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 7:59 pm by xiaowanzi

» Of course Oswald said, “Very likely.”
new books to read Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 7:58 pm by xiaowanzi

» She was like
new books to read Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 7:57 pm by xiaowanzi

» “Happy Bad Day!”
new books to read Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 11:23 pm by xiaotuanzi

» But Suze loves them.
new books to read Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 11:22 pm by xiaotuanzi

» bread with friends
new books to read Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 11:21 pm by xiaotuanzi

» been
new books to read Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 8:42 pm by xiaoshanzi

» and
new books to read Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 8:41 pm by xiaoshanzi

» As they
new books to read Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 8:40 pm by xiaoshanzi

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 29 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:38 pm

new books to read

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Octobermomma
Admin
Octobermomma

Number of posts : 1753
Registration date : 2008-05-06

new books to read Empty
PostSubject: new books to read   new books to read Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 2:14 pm

ok....I'm seriously going to try and get this book of the month club up and running...any suggestions of what genres you would like to see on the list?
Back to top Go down
https://truefriends.rpg-board.net
Jessica
Awesome Ally

Number of posts : 1933
Registration date : 2008-05-22

new books to read Empty
PostSubject: Re: new books to read   new books to read Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 1:31 pm

OMG! We so have to stay on the mystery/suspense/thriller route. That's a given, right?

I have recently finished From Dead to Worse. OMG! It as soooo good! It started out slow for my own taste, but then BAM! it sucked me into the story line. It was so good and left me on a dang cliffhanger. Now I also have to start reading the start of the series in order to fully understand everything I just read. LOL Not that I couldn't catch up, but hey when there's a series you have to read it, right?

Oh, and I'm all about the in Death series by Nora Roberts as JD Robb.

This morning I finished a book, Stalked, which um, should not be read by anyone that has suffered rape, stalking, etc. Ugh. It was good but, um, yeah not for me. Didn't need to read that one, especially in the state I've been in lately. Rolling Eyes

Oh, and I recently finished a book by Nora Roberts, Tribute. It was really good. Oh it was good! Lora, the character loves to work with tools and she remodels homes! There is so much coolness to that book...I want to read it again. Very Happy Seriously, this should be on a must read list. Very Happy Even has comic book characters in it, sci fi convos, etc.

Can you tell I like to read? Wink
Back to top Go down
Jessica
Awesome Ally

new books to read Empty
PostSubject: Re: new books to read   new books to read Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 4:12 pm

I just finished "Hollow" by Nora Roberts. It's the second book of the Sign of Seven Trilogy. Now I have to go back and read the first one. Can't wait for the final to come out (The Pagan Stone). It is SOOOOO good!

The Hollow excerpt (from the Nora Roberts website):
http://www.noraroberts.com/The%20Hollow%20Prologue%20and%20Chapter%201.pdf
Back to top Go down
lholcomb
Awesome Ally
lholcomb

Number of posts : 1952
Registration date : 2008-05-27

new books to read Empty
PostSubject: Re: new books to read   new books to read Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 4:45 pm

Let me know when it's set up Kelly! I love reading, but tend to suck at trying to come up with discussion questions (course I've never been in a book club either Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Octobermomma
Admin
Octobermomma

new books to read Empty
PostSubject: Re: new books to read   new books to read Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 6:33 pm

Jessica, have you read any of The Bartimaeus (sp?) Trilogy? I read the first one and it was good...I need to find the second one...our library sucks when it comes to series...they always only have part of the series...like one and three....or just one....or four and six but none of the rest....it's sad....
Back to top Go down
samanthakay
Know-It-All
samanthakay

Number of posts : 1033
Registration date : 2008-07-18

new books to read Empty
PostSubject: Re: new books to read   new books to read Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 6:39 pm

I will read with you all since the babies are back in school.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/samanthakayespen
pinky
Holiday Inn Psychiatrist
pinky

Number of posts : 1487
Registration date : 2008-05-28

new books to read Empty
PostSubject: Re: new books to read   new books to read Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 6:53 pm

Jessica- I read the first 2 of the Sign of Seven trilogy earlier in my pregnancy! I NEED to read the third! I love Nora Roberts trilogies.

I love mystery/suspence, horror that makes sense (not into the new Stephen King stuff, but LOVE John Saul). I like comedy as well. Not so into romance, I get pissed at the characters for being so dumb, lol.

I miss working for Random House and Doubleday. I used to get any book I wanted for 50 cents!
Back to top Go down
Jessica
Awesome Ally

new books to read Empty
PostSubject: Re: new books to read   new books to read Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 6:03 pm

I haven't read any, yet. Wink I'm really bad. All I have to do is read the jacket of the book (or excerpt online) and if it interests me within the first paragraph I will buy the book. William said that I make it too difficult for him to know what to get me cause I will buy it as soon as I see it. LOL

Pinky, I'm like to read the same type! Oh, and those romance ones? Ugh, talk about giving me the wrong since of reality! LOL My grandma and I would read those Harlequins and then when I started dating (finally) I was all screwed up on what real men were supposed to be like. LOL

Oh, if you were able to work there again, oh my heavens the debt I would go into with you. LOL
Back to top Go down
samanthakay
Know-It-All
samanthakay

Number of posts : 1033
Registration date : 2008-07-18

new books to read Empty
PostSubject: Re: new books to read   new books to read Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 7:33 pm

Ok I am on a small reading kick I will play along if everyone wants to read something Smile
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/samanthakayespen
Octobermomma
Admin
Octobermomma

new books to read Empty
PostSubject: Re: new books to read   new books to read Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 11:56 am

ok...let me get things settled from rad school and i'll be back full force ...it's just 5 more weeks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new books to read Empty
PostSubject: Re: new books to read   new books to read Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new books to read
Page 1 of 1