True Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where friends can chat about anything.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» When she’d done,
Book club or book of the month? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 7:59 pm by xiaowanzi

» Of course Oswald said, “Very likely.”
Book club or book of the month? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 7:58 pm by xiaowanzi

» She was like
Book club or book of the month? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 7:57 pm by xiaowanzi

» “Happy Bad Day!”
Book club or book of the month? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 11:23 pm by xiaotuanzi

» But Suze loves them.
Book club or book of the month? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 11:22 pm by xiaotuanzi

» bread with friends
Book club or book of the month? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 11:21 pm by xiaotuanzi

» been
Book club or book of the month? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 8:42 pm by xiaoshanzi

» and
Book club or book of the month? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 8:41 pm by xiaoshanzi

» As they
Book club or book of the month? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 8:40 pm by xiaoshanzi

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 29 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:38 pm

Book club or book of the month?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lholcomb
Awesome Ally
lholcomb

Number of posts : 1952
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Book club or book of the month? Empty
PostSubject: Book club or book of the month?   Book club or book of the month? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 5:53 am

Does anybody want to do an online book club or book of the month thing? I thought it would be interesting, but I am not sure whether everybody has the time for it.
Back to top Go down
Octobermomma
Admin
Octobermomma

Number of posts : 1753
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Book club or book of the month?   Book club or book of the month? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 1:22 pm

you know I'm in!!

you coming up with the list?

are we going to have discussions about the books after we read them

questions to answer or just post our thoughts??

I can do the schedule if you want me to...but I'm flexible...
Back to top Go down
https://truefriends.rpg-board.net
lholcomb
Awesome Ally
lholcomb

PostSubject: Re: Book club or book of the month?   Book club or book of the month? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 2:07 pm

I say we start with the Twilight series. We have three people here who have read it (at least): you, Bryan, and myself. That way we can play with how we want to do it and get it right, KWIM? And we can get all excited for August 2!

I am not sure, should we have questions or should we just discuss it chapter by chapter, or what. I never really have ever done a book club so I am not sure. Do they have the discussion questions in the back of the twilight books?
Back to top Go down
Octobermomma
Admin
Octobermomma

PostSubject: Re: Book club or book of the month?   Book club or book of the month? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 3:55 pm

no discussion questions in the back of the books...but I could come up with some...(you have to remember I am a literature freak!! getting my masters in language arts for that reason...it will allow me to teach literature)

I don't think the teeny boppers that those books are geared towards discuss much more than "who do you think Bella should be with...Edward or Jacob?"

so...are we going to read all three books this month or just the third one? seeing as this is July and the new book will be out in August...

oh, and Hilary has read them too...she's a member...just not very active here...
Back to top Go down
lholcomb
Awesome Ally
lholcomb

PostSubject: Re: Book club or book of the month?   Book club or book of the month? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 9:25 pm

I say just the third one, unless people want to read the others.
Back to top Go down
mOrT
best friend

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Book club or book of the month?   Book club or book of the month? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 6:19 am

Oh great. So i get to listen to the to of you fawn over Edward? Just clean up afterward.... flower
Back to top Go down
Octobermomma
Admin
Octobermomma

PostSubject: Re: Book club or book of the month?   Book club or book of the month? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 5:00 pm

LOL...I'll keep it clean...I promise
Back to top Go down
Octobermomma
Admin
Octobermomma

PostSubject: Re: Book club or book of the month?   Book club or book of the month? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 2:08 pm

ok....I'll post a book list soon...I may use some older books so that we can get them at the library or something so we don't have to pay out a lot of money on new books and such...
Back to top Go down
lholcomb
Awesome Ally
lholcomb

PostSubject: Re: Book club or book of the month?   Book club or book of the month? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 2:12 pm

Sounds good - course right now I'm reading Wicked. Doncha think that could be a good book to start with, lol?
Back to top Go down
Octobermomma
Admin
Octobermomma

PostSubject: Re: Book club or book of the month?   Book club or book of the month? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 2:17 pm

I LOVE WICKED!!! I was just thinking about reading it again...then I picked up Wormwood and started reading it...I can do both...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book club or book of the month?   Book club or book of the month? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Book club or book of the month?
Page 1 of 1